Production and Operational Advantages of the Rotapower Engine
- Operates on 4-stroke principle.
- Cost and power to weight of 2-stroke engine
- Charge- or air-cooled rotor design eliminates many engine components typical of rotary engines.
- Perfect radial balance; allows rigid mounting.
- Instantaneous torque characteristic identical to 6-cylinder 4-stroke piston (two rotor model).
- Only seals wear.
- Tolerates high exhaust back pressure for good muffling (like 4-stroke piston).
- Can be overhauled in less than 30 minutes.
- Carbon Monoxide(CO) and unburned hydrocarbon (HC) emissions two orders of magnitude better than
2-stroke, and one order of magnitude better than many industrial or commercial 4-stroke piston engines.
- Nitrogen dioxide emissions much lower than 4-stroke piston, comparable to 2-stroke.
- Soft failure; if it can be started, will run until stopped.
- Stratified charge together with direct fuel injection reduces fuel consumption and emissions to below 4-stroke piston level.
- Less moving parts means longer life and lower cost
- Efficient packaging means more power per volume and weight
- Less vibration